Frequently asked questions
- The hammam is free with no time limits, in any case consider that it usually takes around an hour and a half.
- Each massage takes 50 minutes.
- First time visitors are required to buy our hammam kit – personal exfoliating Kassa glove and slippers (10,00 euro) – you can use on every trip. Men must wear their bathing suits. Women can choose to wear one or not on women-only days (Wednesday and Friday).
- Acquamadre Hammam let men and women enter together on Tuesday from 14:00
to 21:00 (last entrance at 19:00) and Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 to
21:00 (last entrance at 19:00). On mixed days bathing suit is required for
both. The other days the Hammam is just for Women – Wednesday and Friday from 11:00 to 21:00 (last entrance at 19:00) – and the bathing
suit is not compulsory.
Massages can be take everyday and reservation is suggested in any case. Monday the hammam is closed.
- Please book in advance for hammam and massages.
You can do so by e-mail at or calling us at 06-6864272. We offer Massages for men and women every day of the week.
- The medical benefits of the Hammam date back to 200BC. The Hammam stimulates the immune system by increasing production of antibodies. A good healthy sweat can help relive pain and stiffness of joints and muscles. During the winter it is good for treating respiratory problems, sinusitis and for warding off symptoms of colds or flu. It is also an excellent for detoxification. It can reduce cellulite by releasing the toxins from the fat cells. During a steam bath, blood flow and nutrients to the skin are increased resulting in a glowing, healthy complexion. It has a stimulating effect on the circulation and metabolism and during the summer it is good for refining the skin's texture. Olive oil soaps and essential oils are used for specific medical conditions.
- The use of the Hammam is not recommended in all cases of cardiopathies, deep or superficial phlebothrombosis and other relevant diseases. It is not possible to access the Hammam during pregnancy, massages are allowed from the fourth month up to the eighth.
- 20% discount for guests aged up to 24 (Hammam).
- Unaccompanied minors can access both the hammam and massages upon filling in the release form by a parent.
To request it, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .